Different people use different techniques when studying. I signed up for "Effective Learning Techniques" workshop to find out different approaches of learning which I have not tried yet. I found it a good extention of the Core workshop I did first.
The most interesting part was VARK questionnaire. Although I knew the outcome(Visual and Kinestetic) it still was interesting to check myself. I always use my vision during the process of learning and I find it the most effective. However, I also want to try developing my Auditory skills which are essential in learning a French language which I am currently studying. In addition, we were given a questionnaire on deep/surface approaches of learning. Although I scored higher score as a deep learner I still think I have to develop my deep learning further.
My action points:
1) First of all try to get a good sleep before studying and get into a right mood
1) Make learning French fun by using videos, music. Also ask my friend to learn it with me
2) Clean the table each time before starting studying
3) Try to switch of mobile phone and internet so I do not get distracted by others
4) Have a study plan and give myself little breaks in between
5) Train my memory by reading newspapers and discussing interesting articles with my friends
Overall, it was a really useful and fun workshop where I made few good friends in addition tofinding new learning techniques.