WiM – Week in March (but was in April)
Writing about web page http://www.rev.org.uk
This review is well overdue – but better late than never!
It was my 3rd WiM, and I think the best one I've been too. I volunteered to be the admin/treasurer person, and because it happened over Easter week and the bank was shut I spent most of the week sleeping with the cash box instead of a cuddly toy, but apart from that:
- Rich doing a solo in Rev for the first time
- Getting to know Warwick Revvers better
- Having a shower at Chrisi's on the 3rd day
- Hearing the song I arranged performed in the concert
- Buying a new air bed with pillow attached – best week's sleep of my life!
- Being warm for the entire week
- Seeing the Tshirts turn up the day before the concert
- Introducing the Czech boys to England
- Dancing with Kev whilst the other choir were singing
- Having loads of people to talk to
- Having a drink with old housemate Martyn in Wetherspoons'
- Not having a computer for a week (see Worst bits)
- Worrying about the cash box
- Having a cash box instead of a cuddly toy
- Forgetting my cuddly toy
- Being so exhausted after WiM that I slept through the majority of my birthday
- Accidentally walking into my air bed so limped around for half a day
- Thinking that I'd lost the Czech boys (stood at the airport for an hour after their flight had arrived and not having found them!)
- Discovering the 'shaky game'
- Forgetting to play flute in "Getcha"
- Trying to remember the words for "Getcha" because I'd forgotten to play flute
- Getting the church evacuated when I was trying to make pancakes on a baking tray in the kitchen without the extractor fan on
- Being in Chrisi's car when the exhaust broke
- Not having a computer for a week (see Best Bits)
- Rich getting the sopranos, altos and tenors tongue–twisted so calling them "tomatoes"
- Thor conducting, unaware that the cloud of smoke around him meant that we couldn't see him.
- Balancing on one leg to play flute near a microphone whilst being able to see the conductor.
- Finding out what the Czech boys were told about England "Girls are very nice, roads are weird and beer is bad"
- Rich hugging (and nearly kissing) Jenny, thinking she was me!
Going along to a Prayer and Praise arranged by Jamie, Rich and Adair. I didn't really want to go, but decided that it would be rude not to as they had spent a lot of time arranging it and also they needed me to drive the band equipment! Anyhow, after some great worship, I ending up doing my testimony in front of 150 people, then becoming 'holy–spiritised'. So I felt lovesick (for God) for two weeks following WiM – which kept Thor entertained as it meant that I unusually stayed up late to chat to him, had about 4 hours sleep a night and couldn't eat properly, but had to go to work (only my 2nd week in my new job) as a hyperactive spirit–filled Christian, trying my best not to go into a evangelistic rant with my new workmates!